What are cookies?
A cookie is a file that is downloaded and stored on the user’s computer when accessing certain websites, to store and retrieve information about the browsing activity performed from that computer. The information collected may include the time and date of visits to the website and the sites visited just before and after the visit to the website.
Cookies are very positive for the operation of the website in different browsers, delivering benefits for the provision of interactive services, whilst facilitating navigation and the usability of the website. In this way, the set of cookies of all of our users helps us improve the quality of our website, allowing us to control which pages are useful, which are not, and which could be improved.
There are three ways to differentiate cookies depending on: who owns them, how long they remain active for, and what their purpose is.
Depending on who owns them, they may be:
- Own cookies: Those that are sent to your computer from our computers or domains and on the basis of which we provide the service that you request.
- Third party cookies: Those that are sent to your computer from a computer or domain that is not managed by us, but by another collaborating entity. For example, those used by social media and for external content such as Google Maps or Google Analytics.
Depending on how long they remain active for:
- Session cookies: They are temporary cookies that remain in your browser’s cookie file until you leave the website, as such, they are not recorded on your computer’s hard drive. The information obtained through these cookies, serves to analyse traffic patterns on the website and provide us with a better knowledge base with which we can optimise content and facilitate and improve its use.
- Permanent cookies: They are stored on your hard drive and our website reads them every time you return to the site. Each permanent website has a specific expiration date. The cookie will stop working after that date. These cookies are generally used to facilitate repetitive services, such as purchases and registration-controlled access.
Depending on their purpose:
- Technical cookies: Those that are necessary for navigation and the proper functioning of a website. For example, they allow the control of traffic and the communication of data, access to restricted areas of the website, the execution and completion of order purchases, the use of security elements, the storage of content to broadcast videos, and the sharing of content through social media.
- Customisation cookies: Those that allow you to access the service with some pre-defined features based on a series of criteria, such as, the language, type of browser through which you are accessing the service, the regional configuration from which you are accessing the service, the colours and format preferences that you choose to view the website, etc.
- Analysis cookies: Those that allow us to quantify the number of users that access the website and thus perform tracking and statistical analysis of the use that is made of the services provided. For this, we analyse your browsing activity on our website in order to improve the range of products and services that we offer.
- Advertising cookies: Those that allow the management of the advertising spaces that may be included on our website in the most efficient way.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: These cookies store information about the behaviour of users obtained through continuous observation. Thanks to them, we can learn about your online browsing habits and show you advertising related to your browsing profile.
MANAGING YOUR COOKIES
How do I avoid the installation of cookies?
You can configure your browser to automatically reject cookies. Nevertheless, you should bear in mind that removing or blocking cookies will have an impact on your user experience, and that some parts of the website may not be fully accessible as a result.
The links below contain the information you need to carry out the aforementioned configuration:
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en-GB
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411?locale=es_ES&viewlocale=en_US
By using this website, you agree that we may install cookies on your computer, as described above. Nevertheless, you can control and manage your cookies in a number of ways. Bear in mind that removing or blocking cookies will have an impact on your user experience, and that some parts of the website may not be fully accessible as a result.
For any queries regarding this Cookies Policy, please contact Knight Frank’s Data Protection Officer at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org